Master Match: Vidal White Series Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
1. Split the chicken into thighs and drumsticks, place in a plastic container and just cover with the red wine and port, refrigerate overnight but mix a few times in the first few hours to ensure the chicken is properly covered.
2. Take out the marinated chicken. Place a colander over a bowl. Pour the wine from the container and then remove the chicken and lay out on paper towel and drain well.
3. Fry the chicken in a large pan until golden brown and then remove and reserve on the side.
Fry bacon and onions until golden, then add the mushrooms and garlic and continue to fry until golden and moisture has gone.
4. Pour in the wine and port and reduce by half. Add the chicken back in at this stage then just cover with stock. Bring to the boil, skim, then place a cartouche on the top, followed by a lid.
5. Bake in the oven at 160C for about 45 minutes. Leave to cool in the liquid or serve straight away. Garnish with parsley.